Lehae is one of Gauteng’s newest and most promising suburbs. It appeals to property buyers who want a fresh start in a comfortable house with modern features. Its name translates to “home” in English.
- Fresh and clean. Lehae is a new area, only 5km from Lenasia and about 25-minutes by road from Johannesburg. The City of Johannesburg and Gauteng’s government are committed to spending huge amounts of money building community facilities, taxi ranks and business sites.
- Transport hub. Lehae is close to several major roads, including the Golden Highway and the N1. Taxi and bus services are very good in Lehae. It is easy to get to commercial and industrial areas as well as the Trade Route Mall regional shopping centre.
- Spiritual matters. There are a number of mosques and many churches in the vicinity.
- Schools and higher education. More schools will be built. In the meantime, Lehae’s schooling options include: Lehae Primary School, which opened its doors in 2007; Siyakhuliswa Educare and Preschool; Nirvana High School; Park Primary School; Greyville Primary School; Alpha Primary School; Lenasia High School; Lenasia Muslim School; Southview High School; Zakarriya Park Secondary School; Azara Secondary School and Zodiac Primary School. Islamic university Darul Uloom Zakariyya in nearby Lenasia attracts students from around the world.
- Health and welfare. Government’s expansion plans for Lehae include additional medical facilities and emergency services. However, Lehae residents can easily access medical care in Lenasia. The Lenmed Private Hospital has some of the best medical specialists in the country. The MC Kharbai School for the Deaf and SANCA Nishtara Alcohol & Drug Centre are valued in the community.
- Fun and fitness. Lehae is close to established entertainment and recreation zones. These include the Lenasia driving range and putting green, popular among Ernie Els wannabes, and Lenasia Dirt Tracks, where dune buggy racing and quad-bike activities are available for the more adventurous. There are well established pubs and restaurants in Zakkariya Park as well, Southgate is a 20 minute drive along the Golden Highway, and Fun Valley is based on the Golden Highway between Eldorado Park & Lehae.
Entry-level two-bedroom houses are priced from R374 000. Three-bedroom, two-bathroom homes are on the market from R435 000, with a range of small and medium home plans to suit different incomes.