Southern Gateway is a fast-developing suburb conveniently situated close to Polokwane’s city centre. It is ideally suited to hard-working families looking for quality homes in a great neighbourhood.
- Easy travel. A major attraction of living in Southern Gateway is its proximity to work, schools, healthcare and entertainment options. Situated next to the N1 highway, it will take you about five-minutes by road to get to the city centre. Due to its location, car trips to Johannesburg and Pretoria from here are easy, too.
- Educational opportunities. Southern Gateway families have access to a wide range of schools, including: Pietersburg Nursery School; Laerskool Ivy Park; Happy Day Primary; Laerskool Pietersburg Noord; Pietersburg Christian School; Northern Academy Secondary; Westenburg Secondary School; and Taxila Combined School. There are many tertiary institution campuses in the vicinity, which makes the suburb an excellent location for students who want to live at home. Damelin, Tshwane University of Technology, UNISA and Boston City Campus all have a presence here.
- Medical care. Doctors, dentists, pharmacies and other medical service providers are close by, starting with the Limpopo Medi-Clinic which is about 6km from the suburb. Polokwane Hospital, Theunis Fichardt Hospitium, Seshego Hospital, Tshilidzini Hospital and Rethabile Health Centre are among your choices.
- Safety. It is always prudent to take crime prevention steps, such as making your home secure. However, Southern Gateway residents have the added comfort of knowing they are close to two large branches of the South African Police Service. Police officers who work in the area are among the civil servants who find this suburb an attractive place to buy a home.
- Shopping and social life. There are many grocery and convenience shopping options nearby. If you like exploring shopping malls, head out to the Mall of the North or Savannah Mall – both a short journey by road. There are lots for you to do in your leisure time, ranging from watching soccer at the FIFA 2010 Peter Mokaba Stadium (about 6km away) to working out at the Bon Marque Indoor Sport complex. On hot days, you can visit Waterland, where there are pools, slides and a picnic area, or you can visit the municipal swimming pool. Meropa Casino is on the other side of the highway.
Southern Gateway offers a wide range of homes, starting with smaller two-bedroom homes from R382 000. Larger home plans available, are for more spacious three-bedroom, two-bathroom properties, with these houses starting at R449 000.